So in sticking with the official Big Green Egg recipe, here’s the evidence from brining.
1. Pour the water into a large bowl.
2. Add the brown sugar, orange rind, rosemary, salt, two-thirds of the quartered onions, and 1 halved garlic head.
3. Mix until the sugar and salt dissolve.
4. Remove the giblets from inside the turkey and reserve for another use.
5. Rinse the turkey well.
6. Place the turkey in a 2½ gallon resealable plastic bag or any container that is large enough to hold the turkey and the liquid.
7. Pour the brine over the turkey, making sure it’s completely covered. Refrigerate for 12 to 24 hours.
8. Since Thanksgiving is coming up in a couple of days, go ahead and start thawing the next bird.